Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cleanse Your Sins Before Meeting The Savior


Ruth 3:3

The Story
Before Ruth was to come at the feet of Boaz, she had to make the proper preparations for that meeting. And her first step was to cleanse herself.

Lessons
Before the believe can get to the feet of Jesus, there must be a period of personal cleansing:
  • The life needs to to search. Anything that is displeasing to the LORD must be confessed, repented of and put aside (1 John 1:9).
  • Remember God's method for dealing with sins – He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy (Pro 28:13).
  • Remember how David dealt with his sins – I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. (Psa. 32:5)
  • Remember that personal cleansing could be physical, spiritual, or mental in nature (Gal. 5:19-21).

Remember Ruth, how she cleansed herself before she went to meet with her Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.