But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart. (Luke 2:19)
- Mary, the mother of Jesus, had heard great promises concerning her Son from the angels and shepherds, and she kept them in her heart. As His life unfolded, she would compare them with how her Son acted to fulfill them.
- Meditation on God’s Word is very important to our everyday life.
- It frees our mind from worries, fears, doubts, negativity and failures. It strengthens our faith and stirs our affections toward God. It encourages us to trust and obey God when we are tempted toward unbelief and disobedience. It assures us that all is fine in God’s hand, and that in His own good time, He will heal and restore us!
- Understanding and acting on God’s Word is the key to change in our lives!
- The truth of God’s Word is revealed only to those who seek Him, who spend time searching and pondering over what they find, and always believe in faith. It is only when we take time to ponder that we will see the faithfulness of our great God.