Tuesday, June 8, 2010

True Friends Get You Through


2 Samuel 15:30-37

The Story

Hushai came to David as David was leaving the city of Jerusalem.

He was broken hearted over what was happening to his king and his friend.

But David sent him back into the city. David wanted him to feign allegiance with Absalom. He wanted him to counter the counsel of old Ahithophel.

Ahithophel was David's counselor, but he was also Bathsheba's grandfather. He saw the rebellion of Absalom as an opportunity to get even with David for what he had done to Bathsheba and Uriah.

Hushai did what David asked and he saved David's life (2 Samuel 17:15-22).

Hushai served as David's eyes and ears in the throne room, and he laid his life on the line of his friend. he could easily be a dead man!

But he made up his mind to save David's life.

Lessons

Very few friends will help us in our time of need.

But if we have precious friends like Hushai, we are really blessed.

Remember...

Sinners have such a Friend in the Lord Jesus!

The Lord Jesus puts everything on the line for us.

He places us ahead of Himself.

And He died for us.

What a Friend we have in Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Hello. As I've been opening this site of yours, I realize I have to comment for awhile to share about how I was so dedicated to go to church when I was still a little child. I know lots of verses and I was very active in Bible studies. Now that I am hooked in using internet, thanks God your site is alive. It's very inspiring. thanks! Please add me http://www.ggkassandra.com/ I'll add this blog too

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bible Examples" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to attract even more new visitors here.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2010/06/sunday-drive_13.html

    ReplyDelete

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.