Three thousand years ago, God chose David to be the king of Israel.
- Out of all the sons of Jesse, the favor of God landed on David.
- David was the youngest son of a poor farmer from the tiny village of Bethlehem.
- David was not even respected by his own family.
- Davis was a nobody living in a family of nobodies.
- David became the greatest king in the history of the nation of Israel.
- David became an ancestor of the LORD Jesus Christ.
- David was listed among the great heroes of the faith in Hebrew 11.
- David received great promises and remarkable blessings from the hand of God.
- But... greatest of all – David became a man after God's own heart.
- David was not perfect. He failed and he failed big.
- But David was quick to confess and he manifested genuine heart repentance.
- Through David we learn about obedience, faith and worship.
- Through David, we learn how to be a man after God's own heart.