Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. (1 Timothy 6:17)
- Decisions about the way we spend our money can be difficult to make.
- But God hasn’t left us without help. He tells us to honor Him with our possessions. He tells us that we cannot serve both God and money. He tells us to beware of covetousness. He tells us to be ready to give, and willing to share. God wants us to use money wisely.
- Money is a big issue. But God can show us how to use it to bring Him honor.
- Oh Lord, sometimes money and finances are overwhelming. It is hard to know what decisions to make. So please lead us, and give the wisdom to use our finances in a way that pleases You.
- We must not let gold become our god. We must look beyond the gold. We must look further to our God. We must have unlimited trust in our God. Don't trust in vast or tainted wealth. God alone is our gold, our plenty.